Catapult (www.catapultpr-ir.com) is an authentic, strategic and results-driven public and investor relations agency focused on exceeding its clients’ expectations every day. Located at the base of the Flatirons in Boulder, Colo. we believe strongly in the mantra of, “word hard – play hard.” We are a specialized, high-tech PR agency that cares not only about our clients, but our employees. That means we like to hire people who are just as passionate about their job and career as the companies we help change the world in which we live.
We are looking for the right person to join our team as an “account coordinator-PLUS.” This position will work closely with our senior director of client accounts and provide support to all account team members as necessary.
Our definition, requirements and specific duties for this position are a little different than most and include the following:
- Learn: Be ready and willing to learn each and every day. We work in a fast-paced environment where constant learning of new information not only is necessary, it is expected. You will be asked to seek out information and conduct research and in turn share results in a clear and concise manner.
- Client reporting: You will assist in managing and organizing client results and reports.
- Work Hard: Our normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – but what is normal? We are available to clients 24 X 7 X 365. And yes, we take calls from clients and fellow team members when needed at 3 a.m.!
- Be Organized: You will need to be extremely organized and able to conduct research on client opportunities when necessary, organize client results, assist in preparing for client meetings and create presentations and documents as needed. PPT whiz skills a PLUS!
- Support of social media programs: You will assist the senior director of client accounts in executing social media programs, helping tweet announcements, posting on Facebook and LinkedIn throughout the day.
- Be Willing: We are Agile and ALL make copies and prepare reports for clients! That means if
something needs to be completed we do it regardless of our title. Get your hat boxes ready because we wear a lot of them!
- Excellent writing skills: We are a PR firm known for great content, and we expect great writing skills as part of what we each do every single day. Writing news releases, media advisories or abstracts quickly, concisely and accurately are what our clients expect, and you will help as needed on a daily basis.
- Pick up the phone!: Pitching editors, gathering editorial calendars or exploring story ideas are critical things we do each and every day to keep our clients front and center with the key influencers that matter most. It is important to be able to interact fluidly and easily with any type of reporter, and to uncover upcoming editorial opportunities to help us stay in front of important deadlines and get results for our clients.
- Show Initiative: Go the extra mile. If we ask you to organize client results go a step beyond.
All this might sound like Catapult is all work and no play. Quite the contrary! We have breakfast together every Thursday, plan quarterly social outings and have great semi-annual events with our families. We believe in helping our employees grow and have fun doing it so they want to keep “Catapulting” with us through the years. In fact, our average employee tenure is six years! That’s pretty awesome. What’s even more fantastic is our client retention rate – many we have work with for more than seven years!
People like working with us for a reason.
We offer a complete benefits package, including 100 percent employee paid healthcare, dental and vision care, a matching IRA investment program and a flexible work environment. We even have employees’ kids and dogs join us in the office from time-to-time!
Minimum Qualifications: [We value the time and effort you put into applying for positions. Because of this, we want to ensure you do not waste your time applying for a position that is not within your skill or experience set. Please do not apply unless you meet all of these qualifications.]
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, journalism or marketing (preferred)
- Two to 3 years of agency experience preferred
- Tech experience preferred, but not required, but ability to grasp complex ideas and concepts are strongly encouraged
- Strong writing skills (need examples)
- Some media relations experience (need examples)
- Flexibility regarding work hours
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media
Still interested in applying? Please send your resume and cover letter to Mary Cochran at Catapult PR-IR at email@example.com