The #1 News Station in Central Iowa has an immediate opening. Duties include floor directing, teleprompter, and studio camera. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our morning production crew. This is an entry-level opportunity with growth potential for the right self-starter.
- Must be able to work early morning broadcasts, weekdays & weekends;
- Live TV studio production experience necessary
- Non-linear editing experience a plus
- Videography experience helpful
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn and be a TEAM player.
- Must be able to give and take direction;
- Must work well under pressure;
- Creative Services Director & Senior Director
Send resume to the attention of Amy Schmelzer at firstname.lastname@example.org,or KCCI-TV, 888 9th St., Des Moines, IA 50309.
Trilix is looking for an intern to assist our producer/editor with video production this summer. The specific skills and responsibilities are outlined below. The start/end dates and specific hours (30-40 hrs./week) will be based on candidate availability. There is the possibility of regional travel. The position will pay $12/hr.
- Basic understanding of Premier Pro and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Photoshop, Audition, After Effects experience preferred
- Basic understanding of digital camera (DSLR, Video Cameras) operation
- A good grasp on storytelling
- Basic understanding of color correction and audio for video
- Creative Thinker
- Proficient in a Mac environment
- Assisting on shoots
- Must be willing and able to carry equipment of 15+ lbs.
- Sourcing, tagging, and archiving footage/projects
- Setting up projects for the editor
- Producing time codes and first pass edits
- Editing social media pieces
- Assisting the Producer/Editor with other various video production tasks
Please email your resume to:
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Assistant Account Manager, Account Manager or Account Supervisor
The ACCOUNT COORDINATOR at Strategic America provides assistance and support to members of the Client Services Department, their assigned account teams and other teams (as needed) in their efforts to serve the Clients’ needs in a responsive, efficient, effective and accurate manner and encourages Client confidence in Agency performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordination of client and agency projects.
- Assists Account Manager in preparation of advertising materials, meeting presentations, compiling service reports, data for special projects, Client requests, etc.
- Knows Client personnel and research for understanding of account/industry trends and competition to keep team members abreast.
- Handles information requests and coordinates with Clients, as instructed.
- Ensures that information is complete, timely and accurate.
- Performs basic traffic functions.
- Keeps records/files as needed by Client and Client Services Group.
- Able to organize materials and assist on various projects simultaneously.
Agency & Interpersonal Roles:
- Gain an understanding of agency core competencies and processes.
- Gain understanding of account-specific processes and procedures.
- Assist in agency workflow and progress of projects.
- Works within the agency departments to gain an understanding of the Agency traffic system and how to follow it.
- Accept constructive criticism objectively and admits mistakes when appropriate.
- Respects the expertise and personal/professional concern of others.
- Demonstrates strong team attitude and works effectively in team setting to gain confidence to manage project independently.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Related academic or practical marketing and communications experience in advertising, sales or marketing oriented field. Internship experience and undergraduate degree preferred.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to Jim Stafford (email@example.com
Business Publications Corporation, Inc., is looking for a graphic designer to join the Business Record team.
This is a full-time position that requires a love for print and knowledge in electronic media. We are looking for a designer with outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with a team or independently on a variety of projects. This position will be involved with multiple projects on a regular basis working with several departments. Projects range from producing public/legal notices, daily e-newsletters, assist with layout of the weekly paper, annual special projects and marketing materials in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment. Candidates must be creative, self-managed professionals looking to join a company with a rich history in Greater Des Moines and strong reputation for quality.
– Attention to detail, and ability to uphold high quality and accuracy standards
– Proficiency in Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
– Strong visual design sense
– Strong understanding for print and web design specs and best practices
– Considerate of deadlines, timelines and production schedules
– Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
– Work closely with sales and editorial teams to understand key initiatives and develop creative strategies
– Willingness to learn new skills
– Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism
Business Publications is a locally owned publishing company located in the old train depot at 100 Fourth St. Des Moines. We produce the Business Record, Book of Lists, dsm Magazine, ia and many other custom publications throughout Greater Des Moines and the state of Iowa. Compensation is determined by experience, plus benefits including: healthcare, dental, PTO, long-term and short-term insurance, life insurance, and flexible scheduling.
Please send resume and electronic design samples to Ashley Holter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are sought for the Violence Intervention Partner (VIP) student advocacy team for the 2015-16 school year. Students can apply to be considered for positions as certified victim advocates. Students who work for Admissions, Student Life, Residence Life, Public Safety or Human Resources cannot be considered. Interested students should contact Alysa Mozak (email@example.com), Coordinator for Sexual Violence Response & Healthy Relationship Promotion. Interviews begin the week of March 30, but more will be conducted during the week of April 13.
The Iowa State University Alumni Association (ISUAA) is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Program Assistant II. This entry-level professional position will assist the Associate Director of Communications by providing communications support for the Alumni Association’s online services through the coordination of ISUAA’s online community, including online alumni directory, broadcast email, and other services. This position will provide excellent customer service to ISU Alumni Association constituents and to the ISUAA staff in these areas. Additionally, this position will help to ensure the technological health of the organization by researching new communication technologies.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working independently and on a team. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong proofreading (spelling and grammar) will be essential for success in this position. The candidate will also have the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals internal and external to the university.
Apply now (April 12 deadline)
The Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission has an immediate opening in our marketing department for a Partner Specialist. This person will provide support to the marketing and development team through administrative duties that would include updating of the database, setting appointments and assisting in sponsorship fulfillment.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, manage and prioritize project, and work collaboratively. Excellent writing and communication skills are critical, as well as attention to detail.
Interested candidates should send their resume and
cover letter to: