Style Doctors Ltd. was recently launched in the United States by current Drake student and magazine journalism major Molly Lamoureux alongside with the original UK founder, Elin Mai. Style Doctors USA is looking for part time interns to be part of the UK’s number one personal styling service as it grows in the USA.
Duties include but are not limited to
– Writing informed, professional styling advice blog posts
– Connecting with affiliate programs, freelance journalists, and other bloggers in order to create a greater presence for Style Doctors in the United States
– Handling Style Doctors’ USA social media platforms, mainly Twitter and Pinterest
Clientele ranges from 11 – 80+ years old, men and women. You can find out more about the company at http://styledoctors.us/.
– 6+ months in fashion retail, fashion blogging, beauty or styling experience.
– Proficient in WordPress, Adobe Photoshop
This internship would be 20 hours per week. To apply send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a fellow
This fall we are looking for individuals who want to be a part of a historic opportunity to help elect the first female President of the United States, Hillary Clinton.
We are an organization whose motto is “Engage, Organize, Win,” and Hillary for America deeply values the empowerment of others through training, skill building and fellowship opportunities. Fellows will be trained on the basics of organizing and campaign fundamentals and then placed in a community to carry out grassroots activities. This eight-week program is designed to test, train and develop a new class of organizers, and to help the campaign expand our outreach efforts in communities across the country.
FELLOWS WILL BE ASKED TO COMMIT TO A MINIMUM OF 15- 30 HOURS PER WEEK AND WILL:
- Participate in training on field organizing, messaging, and other activities
- Organize in a community, working in conjunction with grassroots leaders and campaign staff
- Engage new potential volunteers through phone calls and canvassing
- Empower new voters by collecting voter registration forms
- Hold organizational meetings to recruit new volunteers and supporters in communities
- Use social networks to help amplify our message and to talk about the work that we do
- Continue to build the movement to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket this November
This is a highly competitive program. The deadline to apply for the Fall 2016 internship is August 31, and acceptances will occur on a rolling basis. All fellowships with Hillary for America are unpaid, volunteer positions.
KCCI , the market-leading Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, is looking for a part-time news photographer/editor. This team member will shoot and edit video and execute live shots on a tight deadline. Prior experience with videography and non-linear video editing is a must. Come join Iowa’s News Leader and find out why Forbes calls Des Moines the #1 Best City for Young Professionals.
- Shooting and editing video for on-air newscasts and digital postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and newscast producers to cover daily news stories.
- Gathering video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters to ensure excellent visual storytelling
- Ability to learn how to run a microwave live van and work with backpack live units.
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a nearly perfect driving record
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions on deadline
- Prior experience with videography and non-linear editing software preferred
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.
Content Research and Development Intern
My Diabetes Home seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a diverse background in communications to assist the Marketing Department with a variety of communications activities. The Content Specialist Intern will assist in developing and implementing internal and external communications, including media and materials in support of My Diabetes Home and its overall mission and brand.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the team to prepare content for advertisements (digital and traditional)
- Drafting press releases and other business-oriented content
- Assist in managing, planning, compiling, writing and distributing revamped digital newsletter.
- Write, distribute and pitch new ideas and other stories.
- Update and maintain My Diabetes Home’s website content.
- Assist in ensuring consistency in brand messaging across all communication vehicles.
- Assist in developing internal communication processes.
- Work with the Manager to facilitate creative needs relating to web development
- Update and maintain My Diabetes Home’s social media presence on Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube and Facebook.
- Review and maintain My Diabetes Home’s media monitoring service daily, including compiling relevant content and media coverage, building media lists and conducting proactive outreach.
This is a non-inclusive list of the functions that the hire will perform. He/she will need to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with the management, technical team and domain experts.
- Studying to earn a BA/BS in communications or related field (e.g.English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications or Public Relations or an equivalent combination or training, skills, and experience).
- Experience writing editorial copy
- Computer and MS Office knowledge required
- Excellent oral/written communication skills; interact well with the media, vendors, and community contacts
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Familiarity with Web content writing, editing and management
- Some graphic design knowledge is a plus
Salary: $14.50 /hour
LS2group looks for interns who are highly organized, detail oriented, efficient, have strong writing skills, an interest in learning, and an ability to adapt to the fast-paced and ever-changing nature of our business.
The responsibilities and assignments of a Public Relations intern will include, but are not limited to the following:
Assisting Account team members on a variety of tasks for clients such as:
- Writing requests (LTEs, letters to elected officials, Op-Eds)
- Phone calls (turnout calls for events)
- Research projects (media lists, contact databases)
- Media Monitoring
- Helping staff assistants with various administrative tasks to keep the office running smoothly
- Running errands as directed
- Assisting in setting up or working at an event
- Grow in knowledge of the company
- Gain exposure to diverse clientele
- Develop relationships with coworkers
- Discern whether they possess further interest in the field
- Grow and develop new skills throughout experience at LS2group
- Deliver high-quality work
- Commit to entire term of employment
- Always have a positive attitude
How to apply
For consideration please submit the following:
– Cover Letter
– Any relevant writing/portfolio
samples to the area in which you
Address: 510 E Locust St, Suite 200
Des Moines, IA, 50309
Application status: ongoing; however, we would prefer you to apply prior to the semester during which you wish to intern
The desired outcome of each internship experience is to gain practical experience in a professional environment. Our responsibility is to guide motivated, career driven students and strengthen their understanding of the business atmosphere; with the objective of providing an atmosphere that encourages the development of specific skill sets that will enhance the students’ value to future employers.
• Participation on remote productions from set up to strike including the audio set up, floor directing, replay coordination and camera operation
• Work as a part of the crew on remote field productions in an ENG environment as a camera operator and a grip.
• Work in studio as a production assistant to perform duties in all areas of live studio production, including but not limited to directing and technical directions.
• Internship duration is 8-11 weeks.
• Live remotes occur on nights and weekends.
• Editing experience with final cut pro and premiere pro is desired
• Must possess proficient written and oral communication skills.