Special Olympics Iowa is looking for a fall semester Marketing/Communications Intern.
We’re specifically looking for someone who likes to write AND design. Duties will include helping with social media, writing for the website, taking photos, and designing posters/brochures/signage/and social posts. There are several big projects coming up that will need a lot of design work, so someone who knows their Adobe inside and out is preferred.
The position is, unfortunately, unpaid, but the intern will get plenty of stuff for their portfolio, lots of free food and swag, the chance to go to some SOIA events, and they’d report directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager (A Drake Grad!), and she comes with the promise of lunch and coffee buys, playing loud rock music in the office, and early morning TV recaps. The intern would also be able to set their own hours depending on their schedule and are able to get college credit for the internship.
If interested, email a resume and three work samples to email@example.com. Any questions can be directed her way, too.
Oceans Campus is offering an opportunity for undergraduate students of all levels to become a member of the Africa Media programs in Mossel Bay, South Africa.
Africa Media is an environmental based media company specialising in the production of photographic, video and editorial media from the African continent. Four programs are offered specialising in Wildlife Film-making, wildlife and adventure photography, underwater photography and environmental journalism
· The Wildlife Film-making Program offers practical introduction into the world of wildlife film-making
· In Wildlife and Adventure Photography Program learn how to capture the iconic wildlife of Africa on camera and also how to interact with wild animals.
· The Underwater Photography program equips participants with the knowledge and practical skills to produce world class underwater photographs.
· The Environmental Journalism and Travel Writing Internship offers interns real world journalism experience.
DES MOINES EUROPEAN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION and Christkindlmarket Des Moines
Mission: Educate, entertain & delight the Midwest by producing Iowa’s premiere German-inspired Christmas market. As a grassroots non-profit, we serve as a platform to carry on European traditions, to support language education and to create cultural awareness. We are a resource for Iowans, immigrants, travel enthusiasts and international business professionals to connect with European cultural heritage and for cultural organizations who want to engage with their members in a cohesive and centralized manner.
Digital Marketing for Christkindlmarket Des Moines (CDM)
- Draft blog posts in WordPress each Friday and share on Christkindlmarket Des Moines Facebook Fan Page (content will be provided the Monday prior)
- Be a contributor on Christkindlmarket Des Moines Facebook Fan Page by sharing 4 status updates/day (as we get started, I’ll have you schedule these a few days ahead of time so I can take a look)
- Draft e-newsletter sends in MailChimp on the 9th of each month
Digital Marketing for Des Moines European Heritage Association (DMEHA)
- Draft blog posts in WordPress on an as-needed basis and share on DMEHA Facebook Fan Page
- Be a contributor on DMEHA’s Facebook Fan Page by sharing 4 status updates/day (as we get started, I’ll have you schedule these a few days ahead of time so I can take a look)
- Draft monthly e-newsletter sends in MailChimp on the 23rd of each month
- Help plan, prepare for and market fundraising events (four – five scheduled for 2016)
- Develop post-event surveys in SurveyMonkey
- Execute portions of our PR and marketing plan for Christkindlmarket Des Moines
- Write and distribute press releases on an as-needed basis
- Maintain press release contact spreadsheet for distribution of press releases statewide
Availability: Fall 2016 @ 5-10 hours per week approximately.
Apply to: Suzanne Hull
The Des Moines Social Club, a nonprofit organization that uses art and culture as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement, is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our team.
- Manage DMSC’s email schedule, writing and testing emails for various audiences.
- Write and format emails for large, communitywide audiences; test messaging, subject lines, and other email features using Mail Chimp.
- Create, post, and monitor social media content and manage communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Write and edit for the soontobe improved DMSC blog; collaborate with staff, artists, and other creatives on editing work to ensure stories are rich, engaging, and drive attendance to our diverse events.
- Direct creation of print and digital signage for DMSC events.
- Manage audience member information, including regular reports on network growth and constituent engagement.
- Organize timelines, communicate with stakeholders, collaborate with partners, and ensure project deliverables are completed to a high standard of excellence.
- Research and test new opportunities and tools for digital marketing and communications; brainstorm new creative opportunities and work with teammates to improve the creative direction of DMSC’s work.
- Assist Executive Director in gathering analytics data.
- Assist colleagues in other aspects of marketing and communications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel will be required as well as evening and weekend work.
Full position posting can be found here
Resumes and cover letters are due by July 18, 2016 at midnight. Email materials to Pete De Kock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for first round interviews will be contacted.
Bernstein-Rein of Kansas City is looking for an art director with three-plus years agency experience. For more details and to apply, click here.
VML, a global, full-service agency based in Kansas City, is looking for a copywriter with at least three years of experience. For more information and to apply, click here.