- Help arrange and coordinate speaking engagements for AARP Life Reimagined Guides; assist volunteers with logistics and planning as needed; track results of their speaking engagements; provide resources and publications for volunteer activities.
- Assist with planning, scheduling, organizing and attending community outreach and advocacy events.
- Prepare public/volunteer educational materials utilizing PowerPoint, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Attend meetings, help prepare correspondence as well as assist in the coordination of volunteer outreach programs.
- Provide assistance in coordinating, scheduling, and planning training opportunities for volunteers.
- Assist in communicating national and state policy and activity updates to volunteers/partners in the areas for which they are responsible.
- Provides assistance in developing background information, gathering research, preparing educational tools which focus on AARP issues and campaigns.
- Develop in-depth knowledge and compile information on AARP priority issues.
- Assist with state office communications via social media and the web as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Click APPLY to complete the online application and submit a current resume in response to this posting;
- Attach a copy of your transcript detailing the number of accumulated credits and your current GPA (a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required);
- Be prepared to submit two letters of recommendation; which can be from a college or university professor or a manager who is familiar with your work (please note that we cannot complete the hiring process without these references)
- Be prepared to submit writing samples, if required for the position
- Attach your resume as part of the online application
- Click the SUBMIT button at the end of the application
- Select VIEW SUBMITTED APPLICATION
- Select the MY ACTIVITIES
- Select “Add Attachment” under the section labeled COVER LETTERS & ATTACHMENTS
- Select the Attachment Type and list the Attachment Title
- Select Upload your document
- Select Save
- If uploading multiple documents, repeat steps 5-8