The Sehgal Foundation in the U.S., based in Des Moines, is seeking an individual to coordinate and oversee a donor relations program and manage fundraising initiatives so this nonprofit can achieve its mission and maximize its impact in support of development work implemented by S M Sehgal Foundation in India. For more information about the position, see https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/335964250377085/?source=post
Des Moines-headquartered convenience store chain Kum & Go is hiring a social media specialist. For more information or to apply, see https://careers.kumandgo.com/job/des-moines/social-media-specialist/18019/12138219
Entry-level, full-time positions are available on Nielsen’s Local Media Client Service Team. Ideal for recent SJMC grads who are looking for a challenge with lots of travel and with an excellent company squarely focused on helping clients succeed.
Nielsen is the leading provider of media and advertising measurement across all platforms: television, radio and digital worldwide. Nielsen gives customers clients a complete view of their markets, their platforms and competitive landscape. Through superior consumer and audience intelligence clients are empowered to grow their business in a rapidly changing environment. Nielsen associates maximize their career potential in a flexible culture that embraces their innovation, diversity and career development. An equal opportunity employer, we value the diversity of our workforce. Nielsen’s leading market positions and global footprint offer employees:
- Opportunity to pursue career paths across business units and around the world.
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with new challenges and opportunities for achievement and advancement
- A stable, growth-oriented company where you can enjoy a long-term, multi-faceted career.
- An open, collaborative working environment where you gain knowledge and expertise across the organization.
As a Client Solutions Executive, you will help drive understanding and adoption of Local TV service with local Stations and Agencies. The primary goal will be to work to educate mid and small market stations and agencies on the value of the high quality data Nielsen provides versus competitors. This is a critical mission as part of Local Transformation. Local Media Buyers & Sellers require “Truth in Measurement” to drive their business to success. You will be an evangelist for our best-in-class audience & consumer behavior data. This mission will drive successful outcomes for Local Agencies, Stations & Nielsen alike.
- Serve as the Nielsen connection at Local select stations and agencies to drive education, new revenue opportunities, and usage.
- Work collaboratively with local market account teams to prioritize markets, stations and agencies requiring focus.
- Proactively work with Local Agency clients to check in, ask questions and see what they need
- Answer Local Agency questions with help from various Nielsen departments
- Explain new methodology, demonstrate how Nielsen’s Complete Measurement helps them drive business success.
- Innovate with clients & prospects to use Nielsen tools to grow their business
- Educate & empower agencies, advertisers in small markets to adapt & benefit from our new measurement
- Proactively share thought leadership pieces, Communications, NielsenWire posts and anything else that would be helpful – i.e. Comparable Metrics, Total Audience, Local Watch Report, etc.
- Utilize SalesForce for strong coordination between Account Sales and Account Management
- Coordinate with Media Analytics, Product Leadership and other departments to ensure presentations answer client questions and lead clients through changing methodology / ratings questions.
- Keep ears/eyes open to identify opportunities to help grow the client’s business, address needs, create new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to initiate & develop client relationships.
- Critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve complex problems; Acts proactively and manages multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and build strong network (internally and externally with clients)
- Enthusiastic and motivated (continuous learner, asks good questions)
- Curiosity/interest of market research / market data, marketing, and media industry
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (presentation skills, email etiquette, people person).
- Self motivated and resilient – ability to coordinate own schedule and prioritize workload
- Travel: 50%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytic skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, strong orientation to client relationships
- Excellent communication skills to translate complex concepts into concise yet informative messaging for clients
- Ability to handle pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities, and work with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
For more information, contact SJMC alum Paul LeFort at email@example.com.
Mercer in Urbandale is hiring two marketing specialists. Job responsibilities include:
- Oversees the writing/editing of basic copy, such as emails, tweets and other social media content to support marketing publication needs
- Approves final content of marketing content to ensure it is ready to submit to client
- Assists in communicating marketing campaign successes to management team to influence marketing strategy
- Assists in the management of external stakeholders to maintain and grow the relationships and ensure all needs are met
- Provides overall direction for internal communications and document management to guide the team
- Oversees billing and invoicing to ensure the process is efficient and timely
- Ensures that team deadlines/objectives are met to ensure progress is being made and to update senior leaders
For more information and to apply, see:
A mural is being installed on the new Boys and Girls Club building on campus. Brooklyn artist/designer Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya has one intern working with her and their goal is to have the mural completed by next weekend. If you are an artist or if you know any artists or art students in the metro who would like to help paint this mural during the evenings this week, please sign up here:
KCCI has an opening for a Part-Time Producer.
It’s a great opportunity for someone who is looking to get their foot in the door. The right candidate will be a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts, as well as creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be able to win the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to work well with journalists with varying levels of experience. This position is part-time and the schedule may vary based on the needs of the news operation.
Students are encouraged to apply and may contact Erin Moynihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) is seeking administrative interns to assist with implementation of Sports Wagering in Iowa.
Interns will be paid $15.00/hour and will work 10-40 hours per week.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with rule writing and development of policies and procedures related to sports betting
- Interpretation and application of rules and new legislation
- Statistical compilation
- Review license applications and other documents for completeness and to verify all requested documentation is received
- Review of internal controls and policies and procedures for new sports betting operations
- Technology review
- Verification of licensure and good standing with other jurisdictions
- Research as requested
Attention to detail and organization is required. It is anticipated that most work will be conducted at the IRGC offices in Des Moines, but travel to a licensed facility in Iowa or occasionally work remotely may be allowed/required.
Submit application to Betty Tschetter, Director of Administration/Licensing at email@example.com. Please include hours available along with a resume and cover letter.
Internships will start as soon as possible and may last through the upcoming school year.