RadiumOne is hiring a full-time, in-house ghostwriter in San Francisco to produce a steady stream of thought leadership, corporate communications, speeches, public relations and social media content for our digital media company. You will represent, and become an expert on, our brand “voice” and will develop a deep understanding of what motivates our target audience(s) and how they behave, making your ideas relevant and effective. You have the ability to turn ideas and stories into polished works and deliver print-ready text that is accurately sourced, grammatically correct and interesting to read. Our topics can be complex and we need to make them accessible and reader-friendly, but sophisticated. Experience in writing both short items and analytical features is valued. Continue reading
The Meyocks Group seeks a part-time public relations intern for our growing integrated brand communications agency. Must be a self-starter and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a strong understanding of public relations.
You will be an integral part of the public relations team from day one, helping execute a variety of projects for several clients. Instead of making copies and fetching coffee, you will be doing what our PR staff does:
- Develop public relations materials, including news releases, media advisories, pitch letters, fact sheets, social media and website copy, etc.
- Develop and update media lists using CisionPoint
- Pitch stories and make follow-up calls to media encouraging news coverage
- Track coverage and create clip reports
Strong candidates will have prior PR experience, preferably with an agency. The internship will run from December through May, with approximately 15-20 hours/week. We are flexible on the start date if the right candidate has prior commitments.
Think you have what it takes? Send your resume, cover letter and two of your best writing samples to email@example.com. Resumes accepted until Oct. 25.
Obama for America Iowa is looking for a press intern who will be able to help out during the summer and fall.
We’re looking for smart, dedicated students that are interested in the world of public relations, media and politics. The 2012 presidential campaign will be one of the most exciting elections of our lifetimes. Iowa is a battleground state and it will be a close election. We’d like those that are interested in joining the campaign to set up a regular schedule when they can come in and help out.
Below is a summary of responsibilities.
- Calling radio stations for interviews
- Managing and updating press lists
- Pitching and confirming media for events
- Drafting media advisories and blogs
- Helping staff press events
- Compiling press clips
- Preparing briefings and materials for events
Call 515-422-3948 or email IowaPress@barackobama.com to learn more.
Interested in making a difference this academic year? Intern with Clean Cities and help the nation reduce its dependence on petroleum, lower carbon and local air pollutant emissions, and build a green economy!
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program that strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 90 communities across the country.
The Clean Cities internship will give up to 27 undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or graduate students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum.
- Up to 27 internships available at 27 competitively-selected U.S. Clean Cities Coalition
locations working with dynamic Clean Cities coordinators and their stakeholders
- Positions are 30 or 40 hours/week (determined by the coalition) for 10-weeks
- Summer Internship Start Date: June 4, 2012
- Exact start/end dates determined by individual coalitions
- Stipends range from $3,600 – $6,000 depending on academic level (undergraduate or graduate) and number of hours assigned by the coalition.
- The Clean Cities internship could lead to a permanent position!
To submit your resume and complete the online application, please click here. The deadline to apply is March 9, 2012. Interns will be notified if selected on April 6, 2012
If you’ve received this email and you’re a university professor or administrator, please forward to any students who you think might be interested in participating in the program.
Questions? Email: CleanCitiesIntern@anl.gov
The Des Moines Buccaneers minor league hockey team is accepting internships applications for the 2011-2012 season (September-April).
Ideal candidates will be able to commit to both semesters, but other arrangements can be made if necessary. Interns will gain experience working with a sports franchise and small business in a fun, energetic and hands-on environment. It is our belief that an internship is a teaching experience and its our goal to guide the intern along. Interns will implement their classroom knowledge into real work situations.
All interns will gain experience in marketing, public relations, communications and event planning with the option to focus more on certain areas of their choosing.
All interns are paid for each game that they work. Office hours are unpaid.
Numerous Drake students have interned with the Buccaneers in the past with a number eventually being hired full-time.
- Currently enrolled at Drake University
- Minimum of (2) office hours per week
- Have reliable transportation in order to come to the arena for games/office hous
- Have previous experience in a work environment (another internship, waiter, help the family business,etc.)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Channel creative energy in a thriving issues-oriented public relations/public affairs firm;
- Navigate the world of Chicago media; and
- Work with clients who make the community better.
Length: 16 weeks
Start Date: After classes end
Requirements: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail. Desire and ability to work independently. Ability to meet deadlines. Knowledge of and experience with social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. All candidates must have completed at least three years of a four-year bachelor’s degree program in communications, journalism or a related field.
Opportunities: Help produce materials for clients, including:
- media alerts/news releases
- newsletter materials
- media lists
- Conduct media outreach
- Manage social media accounts for clients
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Develop a professional communications portfolio
- Experience agency life
- Access to clients
E-mail your cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Kim Pool at email@example.com by Monday, April 25.
Position Title: Corporate Communication Intern for the Wright Service Corp. family of companies
Position Commitment: Negotiable, 25 hours/week, mid-May to mid-August with option to continue into the fall semester
Position Stipend: $10.00/hourPosition
Location: Wright Tree Service, 139 6thSt., West Des Moines, IA 50265
Position Description: This position services all of the Wright Service Corp. family of companies:
- Wright Tree Service, headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, with division offices nationwide, http://www.wrighttree.com
- Wright Outdoor Solutions, located at 8000 Raccoon River Dr., West Des Moines, Iowa, http://www.wrightoutdoorsolutions.com
- Terra Spectrum Technologies, located at the Wright Tree Service office in West Des Moines, Iowa, http://www.terra-spectrum.com
- CN Utility Consulting, headquartered in Sebastopol, California, with division offices nationwide, http://www.cnutility.com
Responsibilities entail working with the Corporate Communication Manager, Corporate Communication Coordinator, Clothing and Awards Manager, and other Executive, Operational and Administrative personnel groups to assist with communication efforts in the context of the companies’ overall business objectives. Areas of responsibility include:
- Internal and external public relations and communications
- Annual and project-based marketing and advertising
- Market research and industry intelligence
- Tradeshow and event planning
- Corporate donations and sponsorships
- Clothing and awards
Typical duties include:
- Content creation for corporate websites, social media, newsletters and other corporate communication pieces with both internal and external audiences.
- Implementing both annual and project-based marketing plans.
- Assisting with the development of advertisements, displays, direct mail, and other marketing collateral and ensuring consistent branding and messaging.
- Evaluating marketing and communication endeavors to determine return on investment and inform future efforts.
- Researching the marketing and communications efforts of all companies’ major competitors.
- Planning, coordinating and promoting internal corporate events, customer events, and regional and national trade shows. This may include attendance at local events and coordinating some executive travel.
- Communicating with customers, vendors, and advertising and media personnel as needed.
- Coordinating corporate and divisional sponsorships and donations.
- Active enrollment in a Communication, Marketing or related degree program.
- Willingness and ability to understand the strategic and competitive positioning of the Wright Service Corp. family of companies and the industries in which it operates.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Aptitude and passion for analyzing products and services, customers and market dynamics.
- Strong references.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; experience in design software a plus.
Application Process: Résumés should be submitted to Brescia Berg, Corporate Communication Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 6.
Welland Laike Communications is looking for a spring/summer intern interested in a wide variety of public relations and marketing experiences.
We highly value candidates who can write well and possess good interpersonal communication skills. Hours are flexible to match your schedule, but we need a commitment of at least 20 hours per week. The position is paid based on experience and ability – between $10 and $15 per hour. No other benefits (sorry) except for a great experience, strong mentorship, and a good introduction to this business.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples (classwork is fine) via pdf to email@example.com. For more information, call Steve Miller at 515.255.9014.
Deadline: April 15th.
Contact: Jarrett Peterson, Coordinator of Communications and Marketing, 515-289-3950.
To Apply: E-mail resume & cover letter to Jarrett.firstname.lastname@example.org by the date listed below.
Selection Process: Interview with Coordinator of Communications. Send resume to contact above.
- Internship 1 & 2: Spring Semester 2011. January to May. Apply by December 27.
- Internship 3 & 4: Summer 2011. June to mid-August. Apply by May 2.
- Internship 5 & 6: Fall 2011, mid-August to mid-December. Apply by July 1.
Hours: Can be flexibly scheduled Monday-Friday between 7:30-5:30 to accommodate student’s class schedule. Goal of 400 hours to accommodate some college/university internship requirements.
Location: Ankeny Community Schools District Office, 306 SW School Street, Ankeny, IA 50023
Number of Positions Available: Two per semester.
Compensation: Although unpaid, the coordinator is willing to structure the internship hours and paperwork to meet internship requirements of the college or university to receive credit if applicable.
Responsibilities: Under supervision of the Coordinator of Communications and Marketing, and dependent upon demonstrated skill in various areas, the intern will:
1. Develop communications timelines, strategies, and creative briefs for projects
2. Create drafts of communications identified by the Communications Coordinator. This may include interviewing staff members to gain information. Editing of subsequent drafts supervised by the Communications Coordinator. Communications may include:
- Internal staff e-mails
- Press releases & district web site “news” stories
- Communications to parents and the public
- New web pages (and editing of existing pages)
- Weekly staff e-newsletters, using information sent by various district departments
- Stories for the Ankeny Advance newsletter
- Other non-recurring communications
3. Proof-reading for grammar and punctuation
4. Upon final draft approval by the Communications Coordinator, assist in execution of:
- Posting Web pages and news stories
- Monitoring the Web site for functionality
- Formatting and distributing e-mails in templates
- Formatting print materials in InDesign and Word templates
- Collaboration with the print shop to print materials
5. Research of new Web tools and development of social media to integrate with the district Web site
6. Other duties as assigned (may include filing, researching, and clerical tasks)
Requirements: Strong writing skills. Preferably a student with a major or minor in journalism, marketing or some form of communications. Strong grammar and proof-reading skills. Strong research skills. Experience with Microsoft Word.
Preferred Skills: Strong journalistic interviewing skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with web site navigation/design or theory. Experience with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite and other programs. Experience with InDesign and PhotoShop.
- Hours: 5/week; flexible
- Students interested in helping with the redesign of newsletter/journal publications, writing/proofing/editing material are encouraged to apply.
- To apply: Send letter of application and resume to email@example.com
- Questions? Contact Nicole Schultz at 270-0713
Have a gig you’d like the Drake community to know about? Click here