The Marketing Communications Intern is a part-time internship position that supports the Marketing and Communications Department operations by providing database management and project coordination support.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Manages database and list updates for key association contacts, including updating and maintaining member, vendor, media and other databases and lists used for marketing and communications. Develops and distributes materials using database and list data, including membership dues mailings, directories, proceedings documents, etc.
- Assists with marketing events and programs; including scheduling events and assembling and preparing materials for events and programs, including but not limited to bank marketing committee meetings, bank marketing awards program, Bank Club program, member golf outing event and silent auction for annual convention.
- Assists with communications programs by fulfilling requests for website login access and newsletter subscriptions, and proofreading marketing communications materials.
- Prepares and distributes business cards, stationery and logoed and promotional items.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will work internally with Iowa Bankers Association staff in marketing and communications, print and email, and IT teams. Externally this position will work with promotional items and other material suppliers, as well as various sponsor partners for marketing events.
The ideal candidate would be able to work full-time during the summer and part-time during the 2014-2015 school year.
- HS Diploma (GED); currently enrolled in a college degree program in the areas of communications or marketing.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; Also prefer experience working with databases, survey programs and Adobe InDesign.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills, general math skills, data entry skills and proofreading skills.