Obama for America Iowa is looking for a press intern who will be able to help out during the summer and fall.
We’re looking for smart, dedicated students that are interested in the world of public relations, media and politics. The 2012 presidential campaign will be one of the most exciting elections of our lifetimes. Iowa is a battleground state and it will be a close election. We’d like those that are interested in joining the campaign to set up a regular schedule when they can come in and help out.
Below is a summary of responsibilities.
- Calling radio stations for interviews
- Managing and updating press lists
- Pitching and confirming media for events
- Drafting media advisories and blogs
- Helping staff press events
- Compiling press clips
- Preparing briefings and materials for events
Call 515-422-3948 or email IowaPress@barackobama.com to learn more.