Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines seeks a Communications and External Relations intern for the summer to assist with a number of ongoing departmental projects and day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to:
• Writing content for multiple communication channels, including public website, microsite, blast emails and more
• Providing guidance on design, layout and content for intranet redesign
• Updates to public policy database
• Support for internal communication initiatives
• Writing speaker presentations
Core Bank hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Communications or public relations majors who are able to work full-time hours are preferred. The assignment is expected to run from mid-May through mid-August 2012.
• Junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
• Must provide a writing sample during the interview process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word, FrontPage and Excel
• Strong attention to detail
FHLB Des Moines values and promotes diversity and inclusion in its workplace. The Bank believes our ongoing success depends on recognizing, valuing and utilizing the unique talents and contributions of highly qualified employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
To apply for the internship, the first step is to set up a general application on the Bank’s website. Please reference the internship in the cover letter so you may be considered.
To set up a general application, go to the Bank’s Careers page at https://www.fhlbdm.com/mm_careers.htm , then link to current openings. You will see the following at the bottom of the page: