Hours: 8 per week
Description: The Business Record is seeking a part-time news assistant to help with the production of our website, enewsletter products and other data gathering tasks. This individual should be comfortable navigating website content management systems and utilizing basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. HTML and computer programming skills are a plus, but are not required for this role. A journalism degree is not required, however candidates pursuing a journalism and/or communications degree will be strongly considered. An understanding of Journalism ethics and basics along with an understanding of news judgement are also plusses. As the position is currently constructed, writing and interviewing is not required, however, there could be opportunities for this should the candidate possess the skills.
- Select and write national morning business headlines
- Compile Morning Daily enewsletter
- Post Morning daily stories on BusinessRecord.com
- Compile Afternoon Daily enewsletter
- Post Morning daily stories online
- Compile On the Moves (new hires, promotion listings)
- Put together calendar of events
- Compile Photo Mugs archive
- Compile Board appointments
Please direct questions and/or resumes via email to Business Record editor Chris Conetzkey: ChrisConetzkey@bpcdm.com
This paid career-track, part-time opportunity is for one semester — or more.
Strong candidates will be juniors or seniors in a public relations program and have excellent writing, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, plus a professional demeanor, previous PR experience and a passion for client service. Assigned activities — writing, research and more — will continue to build your PR skills.
The intangibles – proactive team player, creativity, confidence, tenacity, and passion to do great work for our clients – also represent important attributes. In return, you will work with quality clients who understand and appreciate great PR. Our international, national and local clients treat the firm — and you — as a business partner. We have a fun, fast-paced work environment at Des Moines’ “Best PR Firm”, an equal opportunity employer.
Send your cover letter and resume, and to Bonnie Hanser via email.
About Hanser & Associates
National award-winning Hanser & Associates is Central Iowa’s public relations specialist. The firm has offices in West Des Moines and Omaha. Hanser & Associates is a partner in IPREX, one of the world’s major corporations of public relations and communication agencies with 75 partners have 111 offices in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Visit http://www.hanser.com for information.
Des Moines-based Hanser & Associates is an award-winning, national public relations firm established in 1996. Our fast-paced workplace environment provides competitive salaries, flexible scheduling and opportunity for career growth in a fun culture; we are an equal opportunity employer. Our compensation package includes health plan, on-site fitness center, incentive bonus, retirement savings plan and career development allowance.
The Public Relations Account Executive position requires public relations experience, including a solid understanding of program planning and implementation – especially experience in media relations and social media. This professional must have a bachelor’s degree, strong writing, strategic thinking and Internet research skills; a minimum of three years is desired. Product launch/corporate marketing experience in the consumer products, healthcare, travel/tourism or financial services industries a plus.
Send your cover letter and resume to Bonnie Hanser, Hanser & Associates via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate will be given a desk to work from in our office space. The position will require up to 25 hours per week, including meeting times. Intern will occasionally be required to attend client meetings and/or optional events in and around the Des Moines area.
Candidates are preferred to be enrolled or recently graduated from an academic institution to be considered.
As a Ten 25 Designs Marketing Social Media Specialist Intern, you will:
- Be responsible for planning, measuring and managing all social media efforts on a day-to-day basis.
- Build engagement with Ten 25’s target market by identifying and cultivating prospective clients/followers as well as working with Ten 25’s existing client base.
- Create reports to demonstrate measurable results
- Identify, select and monitor the most relevant social media channels.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date social media calendar.
- Raise brand awareness and protect brand equity.
- Encourage the generation of user-created content via active community participation & conversation.
- Identify and document social media best practices.
- Conduct online reputation management.
- Communicate regularly with your followers in a timely manner; actively answering questions, thanking new followers/fans, etc.
- When appropriate, seek out partnerships with complementary businesses in your industry and work with those companies to expand and strengthen your referral base.
- Communicate with previous followers to ensure satisfaction has been achieved and to utilize as a referral source for future business development.
- Proven track record for engaging audience, increasing connectivity, reporting results & using web analytics
- Must possess excellent written communication skills.
- Must have a deep understanding of the internet, including but not limited to: Social Media sites, blogging, discussion boards, SEO, search engine marketing, online marketing, video sharing, podcasting and widgets.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple sites simultaneously
- Strong self-starter with good analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Email email@example.com to apply.
Type: Part Time
Schedule: Negotiable, 15-25 hours/week
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Supervisor
- Develop content, including copy, functionality, photo and video, for website, newsletter, direct mail, social media, and other marketing and communications deliverables.
- Coordinate graphic design of ads, newsletters, websites, displays, direct mail, and other marketing and communications deliverables to ensure consistent brand and messaging.
- Plan local promotional and client appreciation events and employee functions.
- Research and distribute relevant public information about Wright Outdoor Solutions, The Growing Concern, competitors, and markets.
- Coordinate donations and sponsorships, leveraging opportunities for greatest impact. Maintain related records, and process payment and other transactions.
- Serve as a resource and editor for employees’ and departments’ communications.
- Create and maintain internal documents, including marketing calendar, social media editorial calendar, lead and website analytics, customer lists, media contacts, etc.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary; familiarity with video editing, WordPress, photography and Adobe design software a plus.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong references.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes.
Please email cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Marketing and Communications Supervisor Sara Harpenau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note pre-employment drug screening is required and background checks may be conducted.
KWQW-FM in Des Moines needs an afternoon radio news anchor/reporter who would also file video for social media. Great opportunity for someone who wants to learn many facets of broadcast journalism and implement them in one place – Des Moines. 25 K to start. Great company (Cumulus) that develops talent and promotes from within. Contact Dianna Kelly, News Director 98.3 the Torch, at email@example.com. Include a resume and an mp3 with a newscast.